Sunday, June 12, 2011

No plans


Today I made no plans and that was the best decision I made all day. Liz ran in the morning and I wandered to the grocery store. Amazed at all the choices of vegan products, I browsed until I remembered the dogs were likely baking in the sun outside. Tucker and Kona were sitting and watching bikers, walkers, and skateboarders in the smallest sliver of shade from a garbage can. I mowed down about two pints of fruit, packed up the bullet pack, and we headed up into the foothills. The hike was so uneventful but very quieting for everyone, especially the dogs. Back down in Denver, we made a delightful meal for Kelly after her long day at the hospital. Enjoying wine and good conversation caps a day of no plans. I feel good today - I am right where I am supposed to be.

No comments: